SEO friendly means that a website or webpage is designed in a way that makes it easy for search engines like Google to understand and rank. It’s important because when a website is SEO friendly, it can show up higher in search results, which means more people can find it.
If you are looking for developers of SEO friendly websites, check our services →
What makes a website SEO friendly
Here are few characteristics of a SEO friendly website:
- Usage of keywords: The website includes relevant keywords in the content, headings, and subheadings to help search engines understand the topic of the website.
- Easy to read and navigate: The website is easy for both users and search engines to navigate and understand, with clear headings and subheadings, a logical structure, and a clean design.
- Fast loading speed: The website loads quickly, as search engines prefer websites that load quickly and may rank them higher in search results.
- Mobile-friendly: The website is designed to be easily accessible and user-friendly on mobile devices, as more and more users are accessing the internet through their phones and tablets.
- Secure: The website uses HTTPS, which is a secure version of the HTTP protocol used to transfer data on the internet. Search engines may give a slight ranking boost to websites that use HTTPS.
- Quality content: The website provides valuable, informative, and unique content that is useful to users and relevant to the website’s topic.
- Use of alt tags: The website includes alt tags for images, which help search engines understand the content of the images and can improve the website’s ranking in search results.
- Use of header tags: The website uses header tags (e.g. H1, H2, etc.) to organize the content and make it easier for search engines to understand the structure and hierarchy of the information.
For better understanding we will take a look at an example below.
SEO friendly example
This example will help you to understand:
Imagine you have a website about dogs. You have lots of information about different breeds of dogs and you want people to be able to find your website when they search for things like “best dog breeds for families” or “small dog breeds.”
To make your website SEO friendly, you would need to do a few things:
- Use keywords: These are the words or phrases that people might search for when looking for information about dogs. So, you would make sure to include these keywords in the text on your website. For example, you might write an article about “The Top 10 Small Dog Breeds for Families” and make sure to use the phrase “small dog breeds” a few times.
- Use headings and subheadings: These help search engines understand what your website is about. So, you would use headings like “The Best Dog Breeds for Families” and subheadings like “Small Dog Breeds” to break up your content and make it easier to read.
- Use alt tags: These are tags that describe the images on your website. So, if you have a picture of a small dog breed, you would use an alt tag like “image of a small dog breed.” This helps search engines understand what the image is about and can make it easier for your website to show up in search results.
If you apply these tips, your website can become more SEO friendly and have a better chance of showing up at the top of search results. This can help more people find your website and learn about all the great information you have to share about dogs!
How to write SEO friendly content
Writing SEO friendly content involves following a few best practices to make it easier for search engines to understand and rank your content. Here are some tips for writing SEO friendly content:
- Relevant keywords: Include keywords that are relevant to your topic and that people might search for when looking for information on that topic. However, don’t stuff your content with too many keywords, as this can make it difficult to read and may hurt your ranking.
- Write for humans first: While it’s important to include keywords, your content should first and foremost be written for humans. Write in a clear, easy-to-understand style and focus on providing valuable, informative, and unique content.
- Use headings and subheadings: Use headings and subheadings to create structure of your content or article.
- Alt tags for images: Add alt tags to describe the images on your website.
- Use internal and external links: Link to other relevant pages on your website (internal links) and to authoritative sources (external links) to show search engines that your content is well-researched and reliable.
- Optimize the URL and title tag: Use a clear and descriptive URL and title tag for each page on your website. This helps search engines understand what the page is about and can improve your ranking in search results.
Creating an SEO-friendly website is essential for any business or organization that wants to be found online. By optimizing your website for search engines, you can increase your visibility and attract more qualified traffic to your site. This can lead to more leads, sales, and overall success for your business.
Additionally, an SEO-friendly website can help you build credibility and trust with your audience, as search engines tend to prioritize sites that are well-organized, easy to navigate, and provide valuable information. Overall, investing in SEO is a smart decision that can pay off in the long run and help you stand out in a crowded online landscape.