Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving a website’s visibility and ranking in search engine results. This can be done through a variety of methods, including keyword research, link building, and on-page optimization.
There are many tools and software available that can help with SEO, including do-it-yourself (DIY) options. DIY SEO software typically provides a range of tools and features that can help you improve your website’s search engine rankings.
List of DIY SEO software:
- Moz Pro: This software offers a range of tools for keyword research, link building, site auditing, and more. It also includes a feature called “MozBar” that allows you to see a website’s ranking and other SEO information as you browse the web.
- Ahrefs: This software provides a suite of tools for keyword research, link building, site auditing, and more. It also offers a keyword explorer that allows you to see the search volume and competition for specific keywords.
- SEMrush: This software offers a range of tools for keyword research, site auditing, link building, and more. It also includes features for tracking your website’s rankings and performance, as well as a keyword magic tool that helps you find new keyword ideas.
- SEO PowerSuite: This software includes four different tools for keyword research, site auditing, link building, and rank tracking. It also offers customizable reports and a user-friendly interface.
- Raven Tools: This software offers a range of tools for keyword research, site auditing, link building, and more. It also includes a feature called “Raven Buzz” that allows you to track and analyze your website’s social media performance.
Most important move for SEO beginner
One of the most important steps a beginner can take to do SEO themselves is to conduct keyword research. Keywords are the words and phrases that people use when searching for information online. By understanding which keywords are relevant to your website and its content, you can optimize your website for those keywords and improve its ranking in search engine results.
If you have an older website ( 1 year or older) it is recommended to start with keyword audit. This step takes less time and will answer a question about what keywords your website currently ranks for from position 1 to position 100. After you learned what keyword you are ranking for, proceed with keyword research.
If you have new website then keyword audit will not show much data, as new website might not rank for any keyword. Therefore keyword audit should be skipped.
Tools for keyword research
To conduct keyword research, you can use a DIY SEO software or a free keyword research tool such as Google’s Keyword Planner. Start by thinking about the topics and themes that are relevant to your website, and then use the keyword research tool to find keywords that are related to those topics.
Once you have a list of keywords, you can use them to optimize your website’s content. This may involve updating your website’s title and meta tags to include the keywords, as well as incorporating the keywords into your website’s content in a natural and relevant way.
In addition to keyword research, there are other important steps you can take to do SEO yourself. These may include conducting a site audit to identify technical issues, building links to your website, and optimizing your website’s structure and navigation.
Keyword research is an essential step for anyone who wants to do SEO themselves. By understanding the keywords that are relevant to your website, you can optimize your content and improve your website’s ranking in search engine results. Follow the steps listed below to do SEO yourself.
Actionable steps for using DIY SEO software:
- Research and compare different DIY SEO software options to find the one that best fits your needs and budget. Look for software that offers the features and tools you need, such as keyword research, site auditing, and link building.
- Sign up for an account with the DIY SEO software of your choice. Most software offers a free trial or a money-back guarantee, so you can try it out before committing to a subscription.
- Set up your account and start using the software’s tools and features. This may include entering your website’s URL and other information, as well as configuring settings and preferences.
- Use the software’s tools to analyze your website and identify areas for improvement. This may include analyzing your website’s keyword usage, checking for broken links, and identifying opportunities for link building.
- Implement the recommendations and suggestions provided by the software. This may involve making changes to your website’s content and structure, as well as building new links and optimizing your website for specific keywords.
- Monitor your website’s performance and continue using the DIY SEO software to make ongoing improvements. This may involve regularly checking your website’s search engine rankings, as well as continuing to use the software’s tools and features to optimize your website.
In summary, DIY SEO software can be a useful tool for improving your website’s search engine rankings. By following these steps and using the software’s tools and features, you can make a significant impact on your website’s visibility and performance in search engine results.